Saturday, August 30, 2008

'che' in emche result of ridiculously small statured individuals procreating over the course of multiple generations

It honestly doesn't bother me much anymore--being short. It's always been difficult buying pants...or shorts, or capri's, or I guess anything one puts on one's legs. So, I've resolved to take it like the champ and learn to sew, so I can at least hem my own pants. (If you don't look too closely, my hems look quite professional.)


Lately though, I've been more and more frustrated at how my feet never touch the ground simultaniously with my back touching the back of a chair/couch/etc while sitting. Honestly, my aging body is starting to get irritated (particularly my lower back). There is just no comfortable and lady-like way to sit when you are 5 feet tall. (Let's be honest, they simply don't make furniture for the vertically challenged. At least not in this country.) My choices therefore, are to sit with feet extended outward (in similar fashion as that crazy clown lady from The Big Comfy Couch), sit cross-legged like I am in preschool, or on the edge of my seat (making me appear jumpy and further aggitating my poor lower back). There are many more complex problems in the world, it's true. This happens to be my cross to bear, and I blame my ancestors entirely. You'll see what I mean.

Gr. Grandma Krisfaluski, or "Babka." Height: 4 ft 10 inches
(In the middle) Gr. Grandpa Betchik; Height: 4 ft 11 inches
Nana Rose Schandik; Height: 5 ft 2 inches
Gr. Grandpa & Grandma Bertuzzi, Heights: 5 ft 5 inches & 4 ft 11
Gr. Grandma Anita Cernoia, or "Nonna." Height: 5 ft 3 inches

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a little correction: Your great grandfather, Marco Bertuzzi was a bit closer to 6 feet I believe. But you probably should ask your grandfather about that.