Monday, September 01, 2008

the suburban wild

I think that I might miss the (if limited) natural wildlife that suburbia offers, once I move to the city. For instance, tonight while taking an evening stroll I happened to catch out of the corner of my eye....a little owl! In a tree, on a treelawn, in Parma. The owner of the tree and his three kids were sitting on the porch, so I called them over to take a look. It was just the most adorable creature I've ever seen. (the kids were almost as excited about it as me) The tree that the owl was perched in actually has some sort of bug or fungus that seems to be doing an awful lot of harm, sadly. I took a leaf sample to try to identify what it may be, to help out the concerned tree-owner.

I live for these fun little nature encounters. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are you talking about? nature abounds in chicago...just the other day i saw some pigeons and some seagulls! practically the same thing as cute little owls. :)

Anonymous said...

What is the meaning of "Emche's life?" What does that mean