Friday, June 13, 2008

surviving 'pit-out' in the midwest

Clevelanders are going to crucify me for saying this. I strongly dislike summer in this part of the country. Case in point: Last weekend I stumbled into a book shop in order to get a breathe of breathable, cool air after wandering around the (95 F and humid) city-wide yard sale in Tremont. Upon my arrival, three (not bad-looking) clerks behind the counter (why there were three, I cannot say...seems a bit excessive), greeted me with, "How's it going?" (not in unison, that would be creepy), to which I replied while checking my (sadly, moist) pits, "DANG! It's stinking HOT out there!"

They all sort of stared for a second (maybe because I was openly checking for pit-out). Pause pause... "Uh, well. We (motioning to his comrades behind the counter)think it's a welcome change from the bitter cold, DON'T YOU, YOU VIERDO?" (the clerk didn't scream that last part,or call me a vierdo but he might have well have,he was so disgruntled.)
I had heard this all before, nothing new. "I actually prefer the cold," I said, "although, these extremes in weather are sort of a put off. Do you think maybe, the extreme weather patterns in Cleveland are partially responsible for producing extreme behavioral patterns in people(example: bi-polar disorder, etc?)?"
More blank stares.

Ah well.
I do like the warmer weather, but not it feels like I am taking a bath in my own sweat (130% humidity). Sick.
So, while I am stuck inside, escaping the evil 98 F weather, I've come up with a few things to soothe and entertain my (and hopefully your) soul (and sinuses) til those lovely blizzard clouds roll back around.



































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?You were a great blogger.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.