Thursday, June 19, 2008

ah the random joys of life

A few things: While volunteering at Crown Point's summer program today I made friends with a 6 year old little girl name Gracie. Right off the bat she grabbed my hand as we were walking along and looked up at me and said, "Are you magic?," to which I replied, "Of course." I then proceeded to show her how when I wiggle my nose, it makes the wind blow in the trees. She was impressed, I think. A little later on she mentioned that, "All the brown people like you that I know are magical." Hmmm. Maybe she was likening me to her aquaintance with Middle Eastern shamans or something. Iiinnteresting. On another interesting but unrelated note, I beat my little (but 8 inches taller) sister wrestling in the yard 2/3 times the other day. My wrestling career started a mere 4 months ago, and is proving to be quite promising. Any takers?

No comments: