Saturday, May 12, 2007

veird.

This was the veirdest week. I mean, in all reality, it wasn't all that strange or different or notable even. I think that is honestly what make life bizarre lately, right?......I was having a beer at Cornerstone with my friend Salad-Bowl-Jason (we are both contemplating and carefully...or not so carefully...planning our next exodus from the mid-west) and it...reminded me, that yeah. This isn't forever. Thankfully. I mean, that is the general thought pattern of the past 7 or so months, however! I must repeat it incessantly. Not that I don't appreciate my family (especially my pop's cooking, my ma's ability to listen to my relentless babbling, in addition to watching Scrubs at midnight with Annie) or the really hip group of friends that the Lord has blessed me with, or even the modern conveniences of American living.

I do.
Appreciate all of it.
(give me the willage life though, ohhhh just give me the willage life.)

I really am trying to be responsible here. Honestly.

And I am thankful to the Lord for SO many things! The weather in Cleveland is not only tolerable (finally), but "abundantly sunny," as I saw on the weather channel the other day. That should be enough for at least a few AMENS. Not to mention The Smiths marathon on 88.3 yesterday, or the cup of lily-of-the-valley sitting on my desk. It really doesn't take much.

In other ways though, I am SO ready to move on. One can only make so many double-tall-2-pump-nonfat-no-whip-mochas without wanting to barf. Listen lady, I am tryin to help you out...please don't order the venti carmel frap. Please. I know ya'll are hearin me on this.

Anyhow. I sprained my foot this week, inhibiting me from preparing aforementioned fraps and mochas, which was, well...alright. I didn't even sprain it doing something cool like, running from a wild pack of dogs. I was just carrying my laundry up the stairs. Anyhow, it gave me even more time to think...and I tried not to obsess over my planning and whatnot, of the next few days/months/years of my life. Because I realize that there is only so much I can possibly do at this time, and I think I am doing that. I mean, I think I am at least.

I came across this quote by my favorite painter...
"Great things are not done by impulse, but a by series of small things brought together. "

-Vincent Van Gogh

I really hope this is true. I really hope my INFPishness isn't dominating me, as I hope to master it in the end.

There are other things probably. But that's it for now.

1 comment:

myfriendfelicity said...

that reminds me of another Skopje-born Mother Teresa quotation:

"We can not do great things. Only small things with great love."

I hate to be referring Shane Claiborn again, but i loved that where he lives they have written above the front door, "Today...small things with love (or don't open the door). ...or something like that!

sweet!