Wednesday, January 04, 2006

reflectionsontheoldnewyear

I wrote this en-route to Skopje in a van through Greece in November, but think it's pretty representative of recent ponderings on the (old and) new year.



Mental musings...
brought on only by that
which
sifts through the senses to the soul, and for
15 seconds
takes up a fleeting residency.

The very substance of
LIFE

that yonder sunken sun reflecting fields of sepia and green...

How could the likes of these ever be captured in a
dusty,
roadside temple?

Dissonant notes fall heavy
like
baptismal snowflakes,

wetting parched lips.

These delicate graces are cleansing
and
make
my feet

WILD to dance!

I long to grasp the
intricacies
of

this love



but echo...

"O Lord, what is man that you care for him,
the son of man that you think of him?
Man is like a breath;
his days are like a fleeting shadow."
Psalm 144:3,4

(yet)
I will continue on
in WONDER

rather
than

fear.

Praise the Lord, O my soul.

2 comments:

Bryan Karas said...

this is beautiful. happy birthday, and happy new year. next year, we try snowboarding again. (grin).

constantly praying for you... thanks for the christmas card.

Emily Cernoia said...

hey b.karas...
thanks friend! Hope you had a great christmas, etc. ooo, snowboarding! I will begin preparing myself at once. :)