Wednesday, June 13, 2007

straaange things are happenin to me

Isn't that a song? I don't know. I do know that strange emotions overcome me late at night...I feel overly ambitious! Bring it on, world. The whole phenomenon is an oddity because I have gotten used to being pegged "baba" (Macedonian for grandma) or granny (American English for, ego's kin relationship with his/her mother or father's mother) for my early hitting-the-sack habits. Well, life has thrown me for a loop in more ways than one lately and I guess my sleeping habits have been affected...noooot that you care. The point being, my late-night ambition has gotten me thinking that God has a bit more in store for me than safe suburbia (or whatever). I am sure He does for you too...



Here is a condensed list of what I want to be when I grow up:



I desperately desire to be a potter. (Liz and Melissa are well aware.)

I aspire to be...a jewler, a painter, an organic gardener.

A missionary, a servant, a lover.

A harmonica player, a cat owner, a tea guru. Not to mention a woman of fervent prayer, a traveler, a nomad, a better listener. An advocate for change. Inclusive. Risk taker. A temple of the Holy Spirit. The Church.

One who dies to self, willingly. Is it possible?



What do you want to be when you grow up? Chances are He desires that too.



On another topic, I was slightly disturbed by the recent collapse of the immigration revision in the Senate the other night. I don't think right or left are to blame, or our government in general. Immigration and refugee reform have a long way to go in this country...but have come a long way as well, I suppose.

check out this link to people who are doing something about it:

www.newsanctuarymovement.org


boccie, bona notte.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fireman.

and martha stewart.

sorry i couldn't help it.

Emily Cernoia said...

now now. I'm not sure if jesus wants you to be a connecticut-dwelling-menepausal-cake-builder. however. he is a mysterious God.